Sunday, September 6, 2009

I HEART New York!!!!!!

So....I made a get away last week for 4 days in New York. And I had all the dreams of leaving there with a few survival stories of being mugged in the subway or maybe an encounter with rats the size of house cats or roaches the size of tea saucers. But not all dreams come true. But surprises do still happen. It did not take long to realize......this is not the New York of the movies.....these are not the fast talking abrasive people you hear about. No......the people have heart, soul a helping hand and even a fucking smile. Below is a sample of some of the sights and sounds of my trip.

The worst thing I can say about my trip was a case of untimely jack hammering outside my hotel window.



Times Square is like Pink's hot dogs in L.A. It should not be visited but rather waved at as you walk/drive by. Spending more than 30 secs here is really unfortunate. In fact, the only interesting thing I saw in Times Square was this woman.



2. I was positively smitten after encountering this woman directing traffic in chinatown after consuming the best dumplings ever for $1.25.



Oddly metaphoric street signs please me.
















86th Floor Empire State Building - Is where my heart lives.
















My bus pass said "optimisim" I'm not generally optimistic but am drawn to optimistic people like little lighting bugs. I'm intoxicated.




Central Park makes me feel all brand new!!!!!



Thank You New York!!!

1. For completely ignoring crosswalk signals!!!!!!!!!

2. For using your horns out of an abundance of caution....not an abundance of hate.

3. For the many tasty snacks available for cheap from the street kiosks.

4. For being so much more than America believes you are.

5. For teaching my that you can really class up a canned beverage by wrapping it in a napkin and drinking it with a straw.

No comments:

Post a Comment